|Chapel of the Holy Cross, Sedona AZ (Photo credit: Wickipedia)|
The following list is compiled from the many resources that helped me along my way after the death of my beloved husband, Jim, in May of 2012.
1) How to Meditate in A Moment ~ One-Moment Meditation, by Martin Boroson
2) 3 Meditations ~ Excerpts from Oriental Sunrise, by Riley and Gabriel Lee
3) Asking for Nothing .... and Receiving Everything ~ 30 Minute Meditation, by The Reach Approach
4) The Secret of Healing ~ Meditations For Transformation and Higher Consciousness, by Deepak Chopra
5) The Way of Waking Up ~ Narrated by Alan Watts
6) 5 Ways Meditation Makes You Kinder by Ed and Deb Shapiro
7) Equanimity - A Heart That Is Ready for Anything by Tara Brach
8) Calm ~ "A site I posted a long while back but which is excellent and very simple. Go to www.calm.com. On the left side, click on the clock and then on the amount of time you want your meditation/relaxation to last (2 to 20 minutes). Then go to the bottom right to the arrows and click the right arrow until you come to the scene/music you want. Then sit back and relax as it carries you. You can add in a guided meditation on the left if you choose. I keep this in my bookmark bar so I can go to it often." - Posted by Bill’s Mary on our Grief Healing Discussion Groups site, March 21, 2014
9) Mindfulness and Bereavement ~ found on Open to Hope - Posted by Marty on our Grief Healing Discussion Groups site, November 26, 2013.
10) Meditation: Helpful to Those Who Grieve by Mary Friedel-Hunt
11) My Sedona: A Meditation by Davidi - Posted on our Grief Healing Discussion Groups site, November 3, 2014.
12) Breath by Mike Roland
13) Self-Forgiveness Meditation by Jack Kornfield
14) Ho'oponopono ~ "A beautiful meditation for working with guilt, regret, and forgiveness: 'I’m sorry, please forgive me, I thank you, and I love you.'" - Posted by Marty on our Grief Healing Discussion Groups site, April 24, 2015.
15) Your Steady Soul / What A Wonderful World ~ From the book Your Steady Soul, written by a new author, Leta B.
16) Encountering Grief: A 10-Minute Guided Meditation with Joan Halifax ~"May I accept my sadness knowing that I am not my sadness."
17) A Good Day ~ On gratefulness, by Br. David Steindl-Rast, posted on our Grief Healing Discussion Groups site, February 16, 2013
© 2015 by Anne M. Gorman
Also by Anne Gorman:
Your feedback is welcome! Please feel free to leave a comment or a question, or share a tip, a related article or a resource of your own in the Comments section below.
If you’d like Grief Healing Blog updates delivered right to your inbox, you’re cordially invited to subscribe to our weekly Grief Healing Newsletter. Sign up here.