In recent years, those same four weeks have become a peak shopping period for retailers known as "the Christmas shopping season." For those of us engaged in caregiving, or in the midst of mourning the loss of a loved one, these four weeks can seem like little more than an additional and overwhelming burden.
Given the state of the world and our struggling economy here at home, many more people may be looking for a different way to get ready for Christmas.
To read more, visit The Advent Conspiracy ~ and be sure to watch this video, too:
- A Tale of Two Fridays, by Matt Litton
- The Holiday Blues, by Josette Veltri
- Advent Is About Desire, by Rev. James Martin, SJ
- The Meaningful Gifts Series, on Business Theology Blog
- Black Friday, Cyber Monday, Gratitude and (of All Things) Politics, by Roger S. Gottlieb