These are the programs* of which I am aware:
- The Association for Death Education and Counseling offers both the Certification in Thanatology (CT) and the Fellow in Thanatology (FT).
- Alan Wolfelt's Center for Loss and Transition offers training courses leading to a Death and Grief Studies Certificate.
- The American Grief Academy offers several different certifications: the Grief Service Provider, the Grief Support Group Facilitator, the Cemetery Grief Service Provider, the Military Grief Support Provider, the Insurance Industry Grief Support Provider, and the Grief Management Specialist.
- The CMI Education Institute sponsors excellent training programs and continuing education offerings in the field of grief and loss.
- The Grief Recovery Method offers its own certification training program, based on the work and writings of John W. James and Russell Friedman.
- The Creative Grief Coaching Studio, curated by Kara LC Jones, offers the Creative Grief Coaching Certification Program.
- The National Center for Crisis Management, in collaboration with the American Academy of Experts in Traumatic Stress, offers members the opportunity to achieve certification in traumatic stress and crisis management specialty areas, including Certification in Bereavement Trauma (CBT)
- Therapist Credentials: What Do All Those Letters Mean?
- Certification Guide (Search for the words Grief or Bereavement)
- Death Studies Bring New Life for Hood Graduates